So I bought the Cake Pop tray from Woolworths and decided to have some fun. Here are my steps to making a right royal mess of cake pops. Hey its the Queens Diamond jubilee. I had to do something in her honour!
2. Mix up cake mix to specifications on packet. Easy no probs.
3. Read instructions for cake pops ... hmm suggestion to add an extra egg to mixture for density.
4. Add extra egg. Looking great
5. Pour mixture into bottom tray. Hmm not telling me how much and because it needs to raise up into the top tray I poured in as much as each round dip would take.
6. Attach top tray and clip in place.
8th to be coated.
I can see the cream and the cake.
34. Only cover 8 cake pops fit on the flower foam so give up fighting with the chocolate and leave 6 not done.
35. Place chocolate coated ones in the fridge.
36. Prepare a flat baking tray with baking paper for experiment 2
37. Melt remainder of chocolate to best of your ability (yes second packet was opened).
38. Pour half the melted chocolate onto the baking tray. Do your best to try and spread the thick goo that it is.
39. Take experiment 2 and squash onto chocolate on the tray. Take note that this mixture would have been better on the cake pop sticks than what is currently on there.
40. Pour rest of chocolate on the top and spread out.
41. Scatter sprinkles over top.
42. Run out of sprinkles with only half done.
43. Place in Fridge to set.
44. Come to computer and write an instructional blog while thinking of how to store the remaining cream covered cake pops.
1kg 225g of chocolate was abused and sworn at in the making of this.