Sunday 29 November 2015

Taught my first Powertex Class

Today has been a long time coming.  It has been months of training, playing and purchasing supplies.  I can finally say I have taught my first Powertex Class and it went really well.

Four lovely friends of mine came over to be my guinea pigs and they did extremely well.  So well in fact that we finished before 2:30pm.  If it was me doing the creating I wouldn't have finished until 5pm! 

What I love about these classes is those who think they can't do this.  I had two in this class.  Why do I love this about the classes?  Because at the end of the class they are super proud of what they have achieved and extremely happy with what they are taking home.  That is the best thing about teaching any craft class.  

Here are some photos of the Masai Ladies being created.

Pre the guinea pigs

Adding the torso

 Before the mess           &          After the mess

 The final touches

The finished product.  I have slightly enhanced the colours so that they show up true.  The camera phone dulled them a bit.




I will be running more classes in the new year.  If you are in the Perth area, please send me a message if you are interested.