Wednesday 13 June 2012

Celebration

My cousins beautiful daughter is turning 12 this Saturday.  She has also chosen to be baptised on the same day.  Unfortunately they are interstate and I can't be there on her special day so I have made something special for her instead.

She loves butterflies.  My original design was to have a butterfly where the 'scroll' is and have some nice words elsewhere.  First I couldn't really think of the right words and second, there never seemed to be a right place to put them without breaking the balance of the piece.

My answer finally came in the mail yesterday.  I had ordered some moulds and one of them was this nice little saying on a scroll.  I coloured it up with gilding wax and am very proud with how it turned out.

The main part is made with inchies attached to a small canvas.  Actually I call them minchies as they are smaller than an inch.  I like it so much I think I will have to make one for myself.




No comments: