Karina was very proud of her creation which is going on her bedroom door. She said it was so that people (meaning her brother) would know it was her room. He is only 2 and can't read yet but it has flowers and butterflies which means Girls Room.
When Karina mixed her colours together (purple, gold, and silver) I wasn't sure how it would turn out but the colour turned out like a dark stormy sky blue type of colour. It was really cool.
She wasn't one for ripping the paper and layering like Jackie and I did but she piled the gauze in one big lump which was perfect to sit her flower on. I love the texture in this photo.This is Jackie's creation. You can't really see the colour but she used a lot of blue and silver in hers.
Jackie wasn't sure if she liked the butterfly she had due to the holes at the bottom so I suggested she put some beads on. The beads match the colour of the background perfectly.
Last but not least she added this flower. It wasn't there in the final design but then we found a spot for it that helped to make everything else stand out more. My photo's do not do justice to Jackie's attempt.
I need to finish mine off before I take photo's of it however I did promise to show the one that I have been working on for some time. It is one of my favourites and will definitely not be sold. I do have ideas for smaller versions I will make though. I love the colour in it.
I actually found these large flat kidney bean type beads at Textile Traders and thought they would be perfect for this. They were even the right colouring to match the paint.
What took the longest was doing the wire work. I am really happy with how it all turned out.