Thursday 24 July 2008

Hmm

It has been a while since I logged onto my blog. Life has been continuing on as per usual. One of the highlights is that I am attending one of Viv's Art Journal Classes. They started last week and there are four more to go. I can't wait to learn the soldering. I have been wanting to know how to do that for years! Anyway this means that the dining room is full of paint and sprays and paper again.

My canvas creations are currently on hold because it is about time I started on the album for Ruth. Yes I have started! :) I have completed a couple of pages. It was originally going to be A4 size for something different but it has ended up being 12x12.

We have a leak in the roof at the moment. It is where the tiles peak and it is coming through the join of the ceiling slabs. God only knows what it is like in the roof itself. We had one guy come out and check it. He said he used to be a tiler and that the capstones on the tile peaks need to have holes drilled in them to let the water out. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. The caps are there to prevent water getting in!!! Consequently I am refusing to let him do the work around the house. He sounded a bit dodgy for everything (he was cheap to which meant short cuts galore to me).

It is 11pm here and I nearly fell asleep at work today. The Cpap is still working for me but I still feel exhausted all the time. All I want to do is sleep. Unfortunately I tend to wake up at this time of night. I think I was meant to be in a job that does night work. I would survive better I am sure.

Tomorrow is Friday (yay). It was a long time coming though. I woke up yesterday thinking "thank God it is Saturday and I can sleep in," then I realised I couldn't which then made the day go really slow.

Signing off now. Hopefully will find time in my busy weekend to blog some more.

2 comments:

BealcA's Pad said...

well, I was afraid that U had died! Instead, U fell asleep! HeeHee!

Good to see you posting again. I miss them, went on several times a day sometimes to see if there was anything new.

Sure wish I was over there to see your work. It sounds like fun what you are doing. Soldering, I know some about as did it on a job for a while.

My neighbor Peggy just finished a Tiffany Lamp Shade that is awesome, and a larger on that is a hanging one.

Take care and give Mum my love,

Betty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having fun with your art! It sounds really cool! Good luck with the roof!

I know all about being tired. I've been wishing for Friday since Monday! Finally, tomorrow!

Have a good weekend!