Friday 8 January 2010

Hoon Antics

There is a particular stretch of road that I go down on my way to work that quite often divides into two lanes at lights (so people turning don't hold up those going straight) and then goes back to one lane on the other side of the crossing. This morning I had a lovely chuckle to myself. I was lined up behind a delivery truck and another car in the correct lane for going straight ahead when a fancied up ute pulled into the other lane. He had no indicator on so I knew his intention was to speed up as quick as possible and get passed the truck. Shortly after he arrived I looked in my rear view mirror. I white car came speeding towards us and came to a dramatic stop behind the ute. I realised that this was a young mans hoon car. Firstly I noticed that he had no number plates, secondly I notice (looking from behind that is) that the two guys in the front appeared to have that much hair gel in their short spiky hairdo it reminded me of the 90's. They kept revving that loud pumped up engine of theirs in the hopes that the ute in front would move fast enough so that they to could also get in front of the rest of us. The lights change, the ute pulled away fast enough to easily manoeuvre in front of the truck. The white car, still revving its engine loudly, jumped (and I do mean jumped) forward and came to a sudden jerking standstill as the young driver had stalled it!!! This meant that the 2 vehicles in front of me and the now 3 behind me managed to get through before the white car got moving again.

In other news a Dr has had his Lamborghini impounded for a month by the Police under the new anti-hoon laws because his 50 something year old mechanic (who was supposed to be servicing it) decided to take it for a spin clocking in over 150km an hour. The Dr has tried to get his car back but has become an innocent victim of the new law. He is stating that he can't do house calls now. I sympathise with the Dr as I do believe he should get the car back, however I do not believe he is too worried about not being able to do house calls. Seriously if you can afford a Lamborghini I am sure you have access to either another car or the funds to hire one in the meantime.

On a different note, I have started to re-organise my craft studio. YAY! After all these months of avoiding it and making an further mess in the house I have finally started. There is so much stash that I am getting rid of including a few paper cutters and some other tools. Not sure how I will dispose of them yet, I may put them on ebay but hopefully I can find someone close who will be able to come pick them up as postage would be a concern for some items.

Time to sign off, I have to go treasure hunting, harvest my crops on my farms, play with my pets, and all this in the middle of answering phone enquiries of the technical nature. Yep work is still slow enough for Facebook to be open all day.

3 comments:

Davinia said...

House calls, that's a joke. the last time i remember a doctor doing house calls I was a child and we're talking 40 plus years ago. Can you imagine the looks on your neighbours faces if your house calling doctor pulled up in your drive in his Lamborghini. As if.....having said that I think he god a raw deal having it confiscated.

Chocolate Cat said...

I think its called Karma for the white car of hoons!!!! Thats an interesting one with the Dr's car, I heard about it this morning. Doesn't seem fair but where do you draw the line?? Good luck sorting your stash!

Ruth's Place said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your reorganised craft room, I also want pictures of the new sewing machines!

How is Minty's dress coming along?