Sunday 23 November 2008

Pop goes the weasle

Or in this case the lid of a dabber. Here I was almost finished creating two christmas pressies when I decided that the background for one needed to be a bright orange red colour. I decided on my Luminart one because it was lovely and shiny and it was the least one I had had problems with when using it. It came out well at first but I thought a little gold would be nice so I grabbed the gold dabber. This one never works well so I always take the lid off and use a brush. On went the gold and ended up being too much so I grabbed the first dabber and gently squeezed when suddenly the sponge popped out of the lid. I think the shock made me squeeze harder because orange paint ran and splashed everywhere all over my work, on the floor, even on the ceiling!!! I also in my shock, knocked over the gold which had no lid on so the gold went all over the table as well. Mum and Jacki ran to assist as soon as I yelled. It took a good half hour to clear everything and a good scrubbing in the bath the get the paint off of me. As you can see by the photo (which is a rare photo of me as I hate my picture being taken) I am covered. I am lucky it didn't get in my eyes. By the way the little spot on my top is nothing compared to what was sitting on my stomach. Lucky I am fat so most of it soaked into my clothes rather than running to the floor. So go on and have a good laugh. I now have to redo my christmas gifts because they are covered in red and gold splatters.

6 comments:

Davinia said...

Oh Kerin, I'm sorry but I did laugh, but how soul destroying to have all your hard work ruined. Damn those daubers!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Must have been pretty funny after though.

Sorry to hear about the Christmas gifts.

If you weren't covered in paint, that picture isn't so bad...

BealcA's Pad said...

Well, I really couldn't laugh, because I know how hard you work at creating such beautiful things.

My how blessed I am to see your face as you look different than the other pictures. I don't care if it has paint on you. I love you and Mum.

Blessings my friend.

Audrey said...

LOL,,, sorry Kerin, what a pic,I had a similar think happen with those daubers, remind me to tell you when your next in the shop. And BTW I love your string canvas.

Still giggling at the photo,,,,

Chocolate Cat said...

I'm sorry , I know it mustn't of been funny for you but it made me laugh!! kind of thing I would do! Hope the presents are able to be saved.

weightlossblogger82 said...

most of the fat in body is in colon , you can try colon cleaner to reduce your fat .