Sunday 16 August 2009

RSPCA Cupcake Day

Tomorrow at work there is a group of us taking in cupcakes for the RSPCA cupcake day. For those not from Australia the RSPCA is the Royal Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Anyway despite having done Home Ec in high school and doing a major in it at Uni I have never in my life made cupcakes.

First of all I realised that I needed milk, just the smallest amount, so there was no point in buying even a 600ml container. I asked around about cooking with Rice Milk but no-one had ever done that. One friend said "hey it's milk just try it." So I did.

I have not done much cooking (ie anything requiring an oven) since Uni because every house I have been in seems to have a dud oven that doesn't cook properly. I was not sure how these would work out. In the end they only needed 5 minutes more than the recipe and the temp on an extra 20 degrees.

I made 12 in all but only 11 fit into the container so I took the chance to try one before embarrassing myself at work tomorrow. Ooooh yummy is all I can say.

1 comment:

Chocolate Cat said...

These are very cute cupcakes! Making me feel hungry!