Sunday 18 October 2009

Day one

I am here and I have arrived safe. Not sure if I will ever use Thai airways again and my travel agent neglected to tell me a few things such as the stop in Phuket and the fact that you needed a photograph of yourself for your visa when you arrived in Phnom Penh.

The flight from Perth to Phuket was delayed an hour and was freezing. In fact I started a blanket riot. As soon as I asked for one, everyone asked for one and they ran out in 5 minutes. Someone then had the bright idea to turn sown the aircon.

At Perth I had been given a pink transit sticker to wear. Given no other instruction I thought this was for when I was in Phuket. You see to go from Phuket to Bangkok I was on the same plane in the same seat (which explains why it did not show on the itinerary). Once back in the plane I took the sticker off and threw it away. Who would have thought I would need it in Bangkok!! It was kaos getting off the plane because there was another plane's passengers exiting at the same time into exactly the same tunnel and ground staff trying to direct people with various stickers. I got told off 3x for not having mine within a 10m distance. Suffice to say I got to where I was meant to be.

Gwen and her family are really lovely and I think I made Jame's day by bringing him his favourite magazine. I went to bed with a ceiling fan going and floor fan. In the middle of the night the floor fan decided it wanted to blow up. Luckily James heard the warning sounds so came out switched it off before the front went flying off it (as it has done in the past).

Not sure what today holds other than a luxurious massage. Can't wait for that.

Let you know more later.

1 comment:

Davinia said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound Kerin. Travelling is not what it used to be. Everything is big drama isn't it. Look forward to hearing more of your travels.