Tuesday 28 August 2012

Totally Tessa Tuesday

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
And slowly up my dog she creeps
Until her nose in on my cheek.

I'm praying here I say to her,
But these words will not deter.
And if I die before I wake
A wet tongue slides across my face.

She stares at me with big brown eyes
and exhales little puppy sighs
I try to ignore this interruption
But she insists on more corruption

I am sorry Lord I can not pray
This little monster wants to play
But later when she is asleep
I pray the Lord our souls to keep
Amen

I didn't have time yesterday to post what I have been making so I will do it now.  It was a busy weekend and we had a black out on Saturday night.  Our oven decided not to work on Sunday and I had been creating things out of polymer clay that needed baking.  I ended up over at the neighbours house asking if I could bake two dragons and a butterfly in her oven. 

It seems I got the timing slightly wrong and the dragons are a little overcooked.  It looks like they were in a fire fight and haven't cleaned up yet.



Later on in the evening I decided to try our oven on a whim.  It finally decided that the blackout was over and it could be useful again.  I then sat down and made another blue dragon and cooked him for half the time as the others.  He looks much better.




I am going to make these into necklaces.  I have also ordered some pointed gem pendants and I will wrap a dragon around them.

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

These are very cool. How big are they?