Saturday 24 October 2015

One week on

This time last week I was in surgery.  Thank God that is over.  I weighed myself this morning and have lost 4kgs so far. 

Food wise I am still on half a cup of fluids per meal.  This is anything from broth to watered down custard and yoghurt.  I am also having the Optifast soups and shakes.  

At the moment I still have the burning pain if I move around too much.  To pass the time I have been catching up on some shows I have missed.  I think the TV has it in for me.  On one show they are eating cream pastries, another, it is a beautiful roast.  The adds come on next and my favourite Chicken Fast food outlet has just released chicken, chips and gravy.  At the same time my mother has cooked lamb shanks (my all time favourite that I rarely get to eat) so that I can have the broth.  Here I am sipping away at half a cup of yummy lamb broth (yes it was yummy) and my mother sitting next to me chowing down into a scrumptious, juicy lamb shank.  

In a weeks time I can graduate to pureed food.  I think I am on that for about 3 to 4 weeks.  I never thought I would ever say, "I can't wait to eat baby food."




No comments: