Saturday 31 October 2015

Two Weeks Post Op

I must confess that I felt a little deflated this week. After a 6 kg loss last week I was hoping for something similar this week.  Stupidly I weighed myself on Monday and I had gained a kilo.  SERIOUSLY!  How does one gain a kilo when one is only on fluids!  It was beyond me.  I was beginning to feel it was a big waste of money and that nothing was going to work.

By Thursday I had lost the kilo again but I was just getting more depressed.  If I could have I probably would have ordered a pizza to drown my sorrows.

Friday morning I refused to weigh myself.  I had a Dr's appointment (something entirely different).  My GP asked me how I was going and I told him that it seems I am struggling to lose yet again.  He then asked me how active I had been which really is very little thanks to the pain I have had which occurred more intense when I moved.  He made me realise that that was the most likely reason.  I have always said I need to exercise to lose weight so just because I am on fluids doesn't mean I can stop moving.

The rest of the day was spent shopping with mum and we were out for a few hours.  Basically this has helped prove my Dr's point because I finally lost another kg today.  I now weigh less than I have for over 3 years and I am 1 tenth of the way to my goal weight.

On another note, I graduated from fluids to mash today as well.  Doesn't this 1/4 cup of potatoe/avocado mash just look divine.  Trust me, it tasted divine.

.

No comments: