Saturday 24 May 2008

What a great day. I went along to a "Mixed Media Canvas" art class that was run by Vivian. The best thing about her classes is there is no structure. She will demonstrate something and then you are free to have fun with whatever you want.

The class was held at Remida. For $50 a year you can have membership there and go and get as much free recycled stuff you want. Things that people would throw away that make great art centre pieces. Vivian even goes to the dump to get some good stuff. I am thinking flea market myself.

Anyway the class went for 6 hours. We had a lovely homemade vegetarian organic lunch. Below is the first piece that I did (which my mother claimed the minute she saw it). I would never have thought of putting the old key lock on but I think it really makes the piece interesting. In the top right hand corner I have used gauze as well. It was really fun to just do and not think. By the way the photo does it no justice, even if I do say so myself.

I did make a second canvas but I don't have it at the moment as it was extremely wet. Vivan is going to bring it to me next weekend when I will be going along to a more structured one of her classes. I will put photo's of it on next weekend.





3 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

We need to get you an Etsy shop!! It's great.

BealcA's Pad said...

I agree with Ruth, I know that Bea has had one for a long time. I think that her daughter in law or maybe it is a granddaughter has one too.

Go for it, Kerin.

Talent like that should not be wasted and you have more in your little finger than most ever have.

Blessings my friend.

Doniamarie said...

Wow - this is beautiful! You are indeed a talented lady! Go for the shop! I have every confidence in you!