Monday 11 August 2008

Weekend

This last weekend was pretty full on. I had a work function to go to in the city (cocktail party) and I must say the mocktails were to die for. I didn't stay very long though as I am not that good in big social events. If it was with our members I would have more fun because I deal with them more than the people I work with. Sad really.

On Sunday I went to the fourth Art Journal Class. I tried my hand at soldering. It was interesting. Not sure if it is something I would invest in though but that depends on what the future holds business wise (yeah I know I keep saying I will start up an etsy store and my only excuse is plain laziness mixed with being too busy).

This coming weekend I am going to be taking photos for one of my oldest friends wedding. He can't afford to pay me so I said I would do it for free. He is after all an old and good friend. It is good to see him so happy after so many years of heart ache as well. I may add some photos next week if he and his new wife agree to it. On Sunday is the last Art journal class. I can't believe that it is almost over. Seriously I will not know what to do with myself on a Sunday now. Actually I lie ... I am sure I can fill in the time quite nicely with my new skills and scrap booking etc.

I watched the opening of the Olympics. It was very impressive even though they copied a little of it from the Aussie opening ceremony in 2000 but who cares because copying is the best form of flattery. Anyway in the traditional catch cry for any Australian at an international event:
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie! Oi! Aussie Oi! Go Aussie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the photos you take for him are anything like the ones you took for us they are bound to be stunning!