Sunday 23 January 2011

Flood Party

I have been quiet the last couple of weeks. The floods in Queensland that are now effecting Victoria, has impacted all of us in some way. It is strange that while I sit here and type, half of Western Australia is still in drought while the rest of Australia is swamped. I have family in Toowoomba and near Grantham, and I thank God that they are all ok and the floods did not reach their homes.

Last week Stampin' Up announced that they would donate money to the flood relief for every $30 worth of stamps sold. I decided to host an impromptu party where the money provided for my class would go to the floods. That party was today and I had a wonderful group of ladies who came along. Doreen really surprised herself, I think, as to what she could accomplish. She seemed very proud of her creations.

Fun was certainly had by all and we ended up raising $105 towards the flood appeal. I may even have my first party booking!!! :)

Small group of 6

Doreen

Card 1 - Elements of style stamp set

Card 2 Artistic Etchings Stamp set

Card 3 Sense of Time and Weathered stamp sets

Card 4 Baroque Motifs Stamp set

2 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

What a great way to raise some $ while having fun and creating some beautiful cards!

Beverley said...

Excellent stuff, wish I had been there too!