- have a clear idea in my head prior to starting because making it up as you go can cause frustration.
- triple stitch is hell to unpick
- Murphy's law states that no matter how well you measure something, the lining will ultimately end up bigger than the outside.
- the stiffening would have been better on the main fabric rather than the lining.
- when it looks like the item stitched is not quite big enough, then it probably isn't (note to self - on next bag add more fabric to the top - so the drawstring will actually close and leave a nice puffy top section
- don't get too cocky about creating your own design because you will walk passed an open book in the fabric store and see that there is a pattern for sale exactly how you wanted the bag to turn out (but didn't).
The bag has now been put to the side until I decide what to do with it (I really do not want to unpick all that stitching but have an idea it is what I am going to do). Still in my sewing mood I have decided it is time to make the cot quilt I have been promising to make (baby due in 7 days). The lounge room floor is covered in fabric squares. It is driving me nuts trying to place 152 squares so that they look nice. Never making a quilt again (yeah right).
First day back at work today. At least there is work for me to do. Thank God tomorrow is Friday though.