Tuesday 5 May 2015

Observations

I have two alarms to wake me in the morning.  Snooze gets hit on both of them at least 4 times each before I actually get up.  I am not a morning person.  It doesn't matter how little or how much sleep I get, I always wake up tired.  I am tired through out the day (stuck in an office can do that) and tend to wake up just before it is time to go back to bed.

A few weeks ago I bought myself a Vivofit watch.  Its one of those over expensive pedometers really but it does monitor your sleep.  I have found that when I think I am sleeping, I am actually very active.  I must jump on the bed in my sleep.  This would explain why I am so tired the next morning.  It also shows that my non movement time is close to when I have to get up which means I am waking out of a deep sleep.  No wonder the snooze button gets a work out.


What I really wanted to write about today is how different people deal with the cold.  The few short weeks I spent in Iceland/Norway showed me people who rug up.  Down jackets, scarves, gloves, boots, multiple layers, and beanies, and there was me with a long sleeve, thin winter top and fleece jacket totally enjoying the cool fresh air.

Yesterday Perth had its coldest day in 8 months, a balmy 17 degrees Celsius.  This morning it was 2 degrees south of Perth and -1 north of Perth.  I had my boots on because I was going to be walking but I also had my fleece jacket and a summery top.  I was nice and warm.  Others however were a mix.  Some were totally rugged up from head to toe like they were entering a deep freeze for the day while others were in shorts and tank tops (turning a nice shade of blue).  One woman I found very confusing.  She was sitting on the train, scarf, full length woolen jacket, gloves, a beanie and thongs (flip flops for my American readers).  It is beyond me how people dress for the weather at times.  Mind you I probably shock a few people considering I love the cold and don't feel it as much as others do.

Well so ends another informative blog entry.  I need to go away again.  My life is interesting then.

No comments: