Saturday 23 February 2008

Monthly Challenge 2

It is that time of the month again and I am ready to hand in my next creation. This one is more my style than the first one. The photo is of my cousin when she came to visit a few years back. She didn't think she looked good in photo's (yeah right).

The challenge this month was to use 1 Twiddlybitz wood cut embellishment; 1 patterned page and one journaling page of Creative Imaginations paper. I have also used Bazzil paper, a mulberry paper daisy, two skeleton leaves, four brads, tanned tassel, alcohol ink, Folk Art metallic champagne paint, and finally Crillion Connection cardboard letters in pearl.

The Bazzil is the main background. I used the border from the patterned page to go around the outside of the bazzil and then I cut a thin strip of the pattern itself to create a lace look at the bottom.

Once the photo was secured I then laid out the tassel braid and stuck it down with double sided tape and used the brads in the corners to help hold it in place.

The alcohol inks were used on the plant section of the Twiddlybitz and I painted the the butterflies wings in the Folk Art paint to help it stand out better. The body of the butterfly is a mix of paint and ink.

I didn't like much of the selection from the journaling paper. The fancy swirls were too much or the wording didn't fit. I cut out a small section that has pale writing in the background. The rest is pretty much layout. I will be handing it in tomorrow.


No comments: