Monday 4 February 2008

I WON!!!

Wonders will never cease. I walked into my local scrapbook store this afternoon to spend $100 that I had for free. Being a new month I decided to buy the next kit for the monthly challenge. To cut a long story short I had bought a lot of little individual things which needed to be counted out so the shop closed and I was still selecting. The lady then had to count them all. I had to use the full $100 in one go but I was around $25 short so she assisted me in finding other things. I kept apologising for keeping her here because by now she would have left (it was 20 minutes after the store closed). Anyway I then asked for my monthly challenge picture from last month. She pulled out the entries and I noticed mine wasn't there. She asked if I had seen the winning one and if it was mine. It was right at the front door and I had missed it. She couldn't believe I had been in the store all that time and not notice that I was the winner. The prize is $50 of free stuff, which she requested I get on another day because she really wanted to go home. :) You can see a picture of the winning page in monthly Challenge 1. .

As for the Aunt who sent me a laptop message for my birthday, you are the best Aunt and I hope that my struggles with my weight will help you with yours. Our medical history is so similar to each other that if I can do it then you can do it. We'll encourage each other. We want to look nice for the family reunion at the wedding in Jan.

I have lost 1kg. I could say that after exercising yesterday in the heat and sweating profusly that it was all fluid but I am not going to say that at all. It was me and all my hard work (not - still struggling with the iced coffee issue).

As for my other creations you will have to wait until the end of the week for photographs as I will be out for most of the week.

By the way the heat is still here and we are getting lightning so now I have the humidity to look forward to. Global warming is so not in fashion any more. Time for a nippy era.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Kerin - that's great!

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo!! Congratulations, both on the scrapping win and the weight loss, of course it's not fluid :)

When you write a post, at the top in the tool bar there are two icons a chain and a broken chain. Highlight what you want to have linked so for example "look here" then click on the chain icon, paste in your address and it will highlight the words in your blog with the link.

IM me if that's not clear...

Off to update my spread sheet! I think weekly will be the way to go...